Monday, December 29, 2008

Hey baby, do that dance

Those of you who know me, know I dress for comfort. I mean I look ok, have some new fashions, but I keep it chill. But apparently to some I looked thugged out.

On Friday I went into Walgreens to pick up my wife's perscriptions. As I came out a white hip hop looking couple with strong eastern European accents came up to me and asked me "Where is Fulton Street?" I knew immediately they were not looking for Fulton St., but rather Fulton Street Mall, home of 500 sneaker shops, 1,000 cell phone/pager stores, and countless hood rat clothing stores. I replied, "You mean Fulton St. Mall right?" They answered, "No, Fulton St., there is sneakers store here, and here and there." My reply, "You mean Fulton Street Mall, you want to shop and buy sneakers and stuff, right?" "Yes, Yes!"

Although the only thing I have ever bought from Fulton Street Mall, was a smoothie from Dunkin Donuts, I am mad that from where we were standing I knew exactly how to get there. I guess it's how birds know where to fly every winter.

This is NOT Josh Homer! Nor will it ever be.

No comments: