Friday, March 6, 2009

Chris Brown and Rihanna - part 2

Last night in my acting class the subject of the Chris Brown beat down came up. One girl defended Chris Brown and said that Rihanna looked like she could be a smart ass. I have three thoughts on this:

  1. A dude should never hit a woman. Despite what people say women and men are not equal, at least physically. That’s why in professional sports the rules are changed; the WNBA has a smaller ball (yet the same size hoops, makes for easier shots), the reason men’s and women professional tennis matches are structured differently. We acknowledge this difference in some arenas but not others, well the difference is very apparent in the “beat yo ass” arena.
  2. I do not know if you, the reader know how hard it is to knock someone out in a street fight, but it is very hard. It might look easy in boxing, or even in MMA, but that’s because there are rules. In a no holds barred, punch in the nuts, bite your hand, gouge your eye out fight, it’s very hard. Somehow Chris managed to knock her out. That’s a lot of rage and hate behind those fists.
  3. It’s about looks. Chris Brown is a pretty man, yeah I said it. He’s getting cut slack by some women (I can’t believe it either) because they like him. If he looked like Yaphet Kotto people would be calling for him to be lynched with a rope made of shards of glass and fire.


"I'm so sawwy I beat her ass, oh look a wave!"

1 comment:

amypatrick said...

I couldn't agree more. I wanted Rhianna to stick to her guns. But, don't worry, Jay-Z will make sure there is no career for Mr. Brown and possibly no legs for him either.