Monday, August 18, 2008

Back from Texas, again

I went to Texas for a wedding. As usual, the Bible is strong in Texas. There was a sign (I wish I got a picture of it, but we were driving) that read "Give Jesus a try, if you don't like him, Satan will take you back." I also sat next to a woman at the wedding who informed me I came to Texas during the hurrican season, and that they almost got hit real hard. She then told me that there must have been a lot of believers praying for the hurricane to switch directions because it did, which she acknowledge was great for her but not so much for the people who ended up getting the hurricane. I guess they should have prayed harder, or believed more.

The wedding was also held in a mega church (well maybe mini-mega), the pastor has a Hummer (so wrong for so many reasons, including gas mileage), and the church was so large it needed a map.

"Kids, if we get seperated, I'll meet you at Magic Mountain"

No comments: