Thursday, August 28, 2008

I eat very fast

I grew up poor, so there wasn't awlays enough food to fill your belly. Couple this with the fact my brother was huge and ate alot. This means that in order for you to get enough food you had to eat fast; something I carry with me to this day.

Case in point: Last night I got off the train at 23rd and 6th. The clock read 7:17. I walked down to 23rd and 8th to Boston Market, I ordered the turkey with mashed potatoes. I then left walked back up the street, bought a pack of gum and then walked to the comedy club on 23rd. The time was 7:30.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Dam, did you at least chew the food, it sounded like you wolfed it down.

Josh Homer said...

Jossette,
I chew, but I chew ery fast. PLus I don't talk once the food is in front of me.

Josh

Anonymous said...

Poor? -Marc

Josh Homer said...

you don't think so? Remember the times our electricity was turned off and mom would get so mad she'd leave and go to Grandmas? or that rice and ketchup/vingar dish that we loved but really mom made it because we didn't have too much else? We were poor on 11th Ave, when we moved and dad flipped a few houses then we were ok. but the 11th ave times (and the roach place b4 that) were pretty poor. At one point we were on food stamps, ask mom about it. She doesn't like to admit it, but it's true.

Anonymous said...

yeah, we were poor up until around kindergarten (sp?). I thought we were pretty much middle class after we turned 5 or 6 years old. Kids are effing expensive. I have a decent gig and $$$ is still tight since the baby was born. I need a hustle on the side. Later Dude. -Marc

Josh Homer said...

word, everything changed around 5 years old, that's when Dad got the job at Continetal (or whatever the name of that insurance company was). I used to work with a woman at AT&T who used to work with dad there. Small world.