Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Recognized for the wrong reasons, again

I have a routine that I stick to. I know it, and I guess other people know it too.

While walking to the gym this morning a woman yells out, “Hey! Where’s your shirt?” I look around expecting to see some shirtless dude (or if I’m lucky woman) on the streets. There were none. I keep walking. “Where is your shirt?” I turn around a look and the woman says, “Yeah you. Every morning I see you walking with a shirt, where is it today?” You see I usually have a button up on a hanger to take to the gym with me, today I did not, I had a t shirt in my bag (my boss it out today).

She then says, “I see you every day with that shirt, and I always wonder where are the pants? I mean you can’t wear that shirt with shorts.” I wear my gym shorts on the train and this astute woman realized I could not wear a “dress” shirt with gym shorts. I told her that the pants are in the bag, but I don’t want my shirt wrinkled so I carry it. She agreed that was the best way to handle it.

No comments: