Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Céline Dion?

Last night my wife made me go to a Céline Dion concert at MSG. Now Céline Dion can sing, very well at that, but she is not a great performer. She hit her chest and did a lot of the "YES!" fist pull down (like she scored a goal). She also did a few covers of songs by great performers like Tina Turner (it looked sad because although Celine is a better singer, she's no Proud Mary). It was also sad to hear a French Canadian sing Queen's We Are the Campions, because in my mind I knew French Canadians' haven't really won anything - Hockey does not count.

What I did notice is we had GREAT seats. We were 5 rows in front of Barbara Walters, 3 rows in front of Gayle King (Oprah's Gayle, poor woman will always be a sidekick) and 2 rows in front of Celine's husband! You would think he would get better seats. When he sat down people went crazy. I didn't get it, I mean what's he famous for? His balls touched a great singer? Does Ray Jay get the same treatment?

Here's a video of the show I shot from my camera phone.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i still can't believe you blew us off to sing along with "my heart will go on".

(btw., harris came up with that song title. apparently, he's a fan.)

Josh Homer said...

It wasn't my choice. I spent most of the concert laughing and day dreaming about what it would be like if I could fly and just flew out of my seat during the show.