Thursday, October 30, 2008

I agree Mr. Greer

Usually I think David Alan Greer is a bit on the "coony" side. The Yale School of Drama graduate always seems to play "scared negreo #4" in whatever movie he is in (Exhibit A: Jumanji). However he sometimes hits the nail on the head with his new TV show called Chocolate News on Comedy Central. Granted I was a little bit jealous of this one as I had a similar idea that I was working on with another comic, but that jealousy subsided when I watched this clip (I know my talent could not have done the bit the justice which Mr. Greer did it. However he is still on my Coon Suspect list.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So ...
Did you catch D L Hughley on CNN?

Anonymous said...

I saw Chocolate News and was very impressed by it - I think I had the same impression of Greer as you did. Did you see the part where they were doing the drive by on the bike? Hilarious. It seems like a cross between the Daily Show and Chappelle's Show, and it worked pretty well with only a couple of flat bits.

I watched Hughley on CNN and was far less impressed. He seemed to be trying too hard, and very nervous, and the bits weren't that funny. I like DL and hoped for better, but he needs some help with this one.

-Kantad-

Josh Homer said...

TS,
I saw DL Hughley's show and it's a bit of a let down. He literally paints everything in black and white when the true comedy of it is in the grey.

Kantad,
I like the monologues from Chocolate News but after that it goes off kilter and it's a sketch show with no real news to speak of. NOw if only someone would do a show like that...hmmm.