Monday, November 10, 2008

Alicia Keys please!!!

My mom loves my wife, I know because she tells me often. However my mom can no except my wife. Confusing? Yes, let me explain.

I was raised very religious, very very religious. I used to know every book in the Bible, in order, the authors, where the books where written and their significance to the Bible as a whole.

My wife is not the religion I was raised, so it's caused some tension in our collective households. Which lead to the following conversation between my wife and my mom:

Mom: You know, I love you but I just can't except you, if you know what I mean.
Wife: Not really.
Mom: I mean even if you were Alicia Keys, I couldn't fully except you.
Wife: Alicia Keys?
Mom: You know she is beautiful, but I just couldn't except her either.


My wife then comes to me and says, "I can't believe she compared me to Alicia Keys! I am so much better than her!"
So true. (But Alicia if you're reading this, ummm call me.)

You can't even except me? I'm rich! I play the piano and everything!


PS - I tried to post an Alicia Keys video but youtube put the cabosh on all her vids! So much for the fans.

1 comment:

Harris said...

hey josh homer,

actually, she's negatively comparing your wife to alicia, like alicia is so much better...i disagree - well, until i see how funny alicia's wall comments are when she accepts my friendship.

rock on,

aitch