Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Times Are a Changin'

So my father-in-law is a nice guy. He's not a complicated man, and my wife adores him and I can understand why.

He's also said a few racist things about black people in the past, including one time he dropped the N-Bomb in front of me (Which I am not allowed to talk about on stage! It's comedy gold I tell you! Pure 24k gold!). I mean he's lived in Texas for over 30 years, some things have rubbed off on him.

Yesterday, one day after Obama won, my wife got a call. Her father said he is proud his grand kid will be black. I actually teared up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! its like that movie remember the titans all over again. what comes next?

Josh Homer said...

Ben,
hopefully I'll have to play her dad in a football game: winner takes all.

Josh