Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm not very religious

Well, let me clarify: I don't really believe too heavily in organized religion. To me it's just another way to get your money. I believe in the old Chuck D saying, "There's a church and a liquor store on every corner, and both want your money and your soul."

I mean between the Church priests touching little boys, the rampant riches gained by "men of God", religious wars, and the fact that religion is used to divide people up instead of bring them together I think it's lost it original purpose, which was to unite people. So I believe in God, I'm a good person, and I try to live my life like God is looking over my shoulder.

One of the things that let you know some churches and people are full of BS is gospel choirs. The choirs themselves are not bad; they are a tool for people to praise God, which is A-OK in my book. The hypocrisy comes in when the choir director says everything is for the glory of God yet names the choir after himself! Yes you Kirk Franklin.

God was my stylist on this photo shoot


You're not giving glory to God by wearing Prada suits and going to red carpet premieres. In my neighborhood there are 4 churches on one block. The question is which Church is God in? I mean they are all fighting for members (and their money) so who does God support? I guess he must support the big church on the corner because their pastor has a Mercedes.

No comments: