Monday, April 28, 2008

Conversations with my wife

I love my wife. She is one of the few people who constantly make me laugh, and a comedian saying that means something.

The other night I went out to eat with comedian and blogging enthusiast Harris Bloom and his lady friend Josie. While at dinner the topic of my wife being a princess came up (well I actually said the term princess, one which she uses freely at home but tried to avoid at the restaurant). In the taxi on the way home we have the following exchange:

Wife: I'm not a princess

Me: Yes you are, you're always asking me to hand you things when you can do it.

Wife: That's not a princess that a woman who knows what she wants. That's a queen!

Me: A queen?

Wife: Yes, if there was a movie about me Cate Blanchett would play me!

I laugh

Wife: (in bad British accent) "There is a wind in me too sir!"*

I just laughed.


Funny thing is my wife has this outfit.


* not an exact quote from Elizabeth: The Golden Age, the real quote is: I, too, can command the wind, sir! I have a hurricane in me that will strip Spain bare when you dare to try me! However, in our house we say, "There is a wind in me too sir!" because we love potty humor.

3 comments:

Harris said...

hey josh homer,

"Blogging enthusiat?"

I picture a blogging enthusiast as someone who writes entries as while swirling brandy and smoking on a pipe.

rock on,

aitch

p.s. i THINK Josie hates being called a "lady."

Josh Homer said...

Harris,
to me a blogging enthusiast is someone who is sleeping on the street in the cold rain and calls his girlfriend so she can post updates on his blog.

Josh

Harris said...

hey josh homer,

(silence)

rock on,

aitch