Wednesday, April 16, 2008

No cell phones while driving in NYC

You're not allowed to talk on your cell in NEw York (or New Jersey) unless you have the blue tooth ear piece that makes you look like an extra from Star Trek.

"Hello? Is this a Klingon? Hello? I can't, what?....
man this Spint service sucks"


They say that talking without a hands free device can interfere with your driving and you could cause an accident. I say they just want something else to ticket you for. Why do I say this? Yesterday I left work early and had to drive to Jersey. While waiting to get into the Holland Tunnel the guy in the SUV in front of me (with PA plates) pulled out his guitar and started playing while he drove! He had the arm of the guitar out the window and his hands where plucking the strings. He drove past three police officers. One just laughed. I said to the final officer that saw him, "No? Not going to stop him? Just let him play and kill us all?" The officer ignored me.

No comments: