Monday, June 2, 2008

My Wife and Stand Up Comedy

So this weekend, while out eating my wife and I started to talk about stand up comedy. My wife is a huge fan, and one could say a comedy snob. She knows what she likes, what she doesn't and she is very vocal about it (this vocal nature is not limited to comedy as future posts will illustrate).

We started talking about minorities in comedy, and she focused on woman. She says that all her friends want a strong woman comic but there are really none out there. A female comic who does not rely on her looks nor spends all her time talking about her lady parts. She then hit me with this gem, "Sara Silverman! Please. Saying inappropriate things while looking cute for shock value? I did that when I was 5, she's copying me." Comedy snob or the truest words ever spoke?

No comments: