Thursday, February 21, 2008

6 Degrees.....

So I live in Brooklyn NY, very close to Spike Lee's production company 40 Acres and a Mule. If you ever go by you can see the huge pictures he has of Savion Glover and Tommy Davidson in full costume from the movie Bamboozled, it's both hilarious and disturbing.

These cut outs in the background are in his window


My ex-girlfriend used to live about 3 blocks from his studio, but more importantly her family owned a brownstone and rented the basement apartment to.....wait for it......Joie Lee, Spike Lee's sister, the one he puts in most of his movies.

Thank got for nepotism,
a girl need to buy some Manolo Blahniks


When the ex's family sold the builing to gentrifiers, Ms. Lee was out of a home. She then moved onto the block I live on and I would see her every week on her little bike with a basket on the handle bars, peddeling up and down Vanderbilt Ave. Well yesterday I got on the C train and was heading home after a basketball game (We played in a gym that was 94 degrees, I was soaked head to toe) and who should shoot me a smile and sit down next to me; none other than Joie herself. This might be a backhanded compliment, but she looks much better in real life and she has mad style.

I kept thinking, 'If only I had kicked it to her back in the day, I too could be in her brother's movies.' Screw talent, I'm trying to sleep my way to the middle.

2 comments:

Mo said...

LOL thats awesome
i actually found your site cuz i had a flashback of mo betta blues
i think she's so beautiful

Josh Homer said...

Kieya,
She lives next to me now and I see her every weekend.