Friday, February 8, 2008

Last Comic Standing

Wednesday night I camped out in a weak attempt to live the dream. It can be summed up in two words: never again.

Memorable moments from the line:

Comic A: So how long have you been doing this?
Comic B: I've been writing for 5 or 6 years, but I've only been on stage twice.

The rain starts to come down hard
Female Comic: Man, I'm going home. This is too much
Male Comic: I live a few blocks from here, you can come back to my house.
Female Comic: ummmmmm
Male Comic: You don't have to


In my tent, which was occupied by three male comics
Comic A: This is romantic
Comic B: Yeah it is
Awkward silence


On the train ride home
Comic B: When I said to Comic A he was right, it was romantic I didn't mean it in a "I want to f#ck you" romantic way.
Me: Yeah
Comic B: You know what I mean, romantic like..... nevermind I'm going to shut up.
Me: Yeah.

2 comments:

Harris said...

Hey joshhomer,

I totally forgot about my "romantic" crack (I'm Comic A)!

HA!

Rock On,

Aitch

EM said...

We've got a great story.

And yes ...

Never.
Fucking.
Again.