Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Computers scare old people

So they hired another temp at this job, but she's old. She also has no idea how a computer works. Granted her job really is to interact with customers and sell things, but come on, know what that "Power Point" is not what E.T. did.

Elliot, this is my power point, bend over and get ready to point and click

I just don't get it, if you expect to work in this world at least have a rudimentarty understanding of what computers do, they're not a magic box created by Okla the Mok in his dungeon layer.

On the flip side anything I can do on a computer for this person makes me look genius. "Why don't we just change the font?" "Oh My God Josh, you saved the day"

This box makes pictures of things, and it can take your soul. Now where is Ookla the Mok? I need more magic beans

PS - Ookla the Muk is from a show called Thundarr the Barbarian. In the opening credits they say civilization ended in 1994.

2 comments:

Harris said...

hey josh homer,

"...anything I can do on a computer for this person makes me look genious."

I assume she hasn't asked you to spell.

Rock On,

Aitch

Josh Homer said...

that's what F7 (spell check) is for!