Friday, March 7, 2008

Maybe I will make it after all

This year I had to hire an accountant. It's not that I'm making a bunch of money on comedy (I'm still in the red), but because of all the special deductions I have now (home office, car, video equipment etc) from being a comic. I do earn some money, and I've actually earned more in 2008 so far than I earned in all of 2007.

The point is I go to my accountant and drop off my expences, bills, earnings etc and he asks me about comedy, what I'm doing, where can he see me, things like that. I tell him and he follows it up with, "You know that's how accountants get rich. They hook up with a client who is about to make it big and then bam, the accoutant is rich too. So Josh this will be your year, keep working on that sitcom." Nice.

No comments: