Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fighting the power

Eff da police son! Here is a letter I sent to the parking tickets unit for a bogus ticket I got.

Parking Violations Hearing BY Mail Unit
P.O. Box 29021
Brooklyn, NY 11202-9021
RE: Parking Ticket # 7545xxxxx-x


To Whom It May Concern:

On March 12th I received a parking ticket for what the tickets states as “No Parking (d) DAYS/HRS: ALL DAYS/7A – 4P”. However, I was clearly parked directly under a sign that read “No Parking 9:30 AM – 11 AM Tues & Fri“. This section of the street is not in the school loading zone and cars routinely park here. Since I just purchased this car from my father-in-law and the plates have not switched over to New York yet, I feel that I was targeted for a ticket that has no merit. The sign I parked directly under (even indicated on the ticket as opposite xx xxxxxx) does not show a school loading zone restriction.

Please review the pictures which show both the sign I parked under, as well as the area surrounding the sign. I have also included in the group of pictures a photograph of a sign further down the road where the actual school loading zone is.

Here is a list of pictures included.
1. Picture of location from across the street
2. Picture of location from center of the street
3. Picture of sign directly behind where my car was parked
4. Picture of actual sign
5. Picture of car, sign, and xx xxxxxx Street (address is blurry)
6. Closer picture of xx xxxxxx Street (address is seen clearly)
7. Picture of sign further up the street where the loading zone is (I was NOT parked here)



Thank you for your time,
Josh Homer
xx xxxx Ave, Apt xxx
Brooklyn, NY 11xxx
Daytime phone: (212) xxx-xxxx


This is the sign I was parked under on a Wed morning

No comments: