Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh the racism, it hurts

So I did an open mic last night and a comic did the following joke, which got applause.

So did everyone see the Obama speech? Did you see the very end? Obama said, "I can't wait to knock the bottom off some white bitches"

Yes that's what Obama said, and I think Hilary said, "Oh my period is crazy" then McCain said, "I've fallen and I can't get up."

This "comic's" joke offended me for a few reasons. Number 1 it's based in racism, and not the good kind. Number 2 the audience laughed, come on guys that wasn’t even a real joke. Number 3 the joke is lazy, you're basically relying on preexisting stereotypes. Furthermoew if you think Obama who was the first black president of the Harvard Law Review did not already "bang the bottom off some white bitches" then you are very nieve. Man, I hate comics.

No comments: